This young man has become one of my dearest friends. When I met him my freshman year at UVU I was terrified of him. haha He was 6'10" and he was the cool kid from New Zealand that played on the basketball team. His attitude about the church was less than ideal (he will tell you the same thing) but over the past 4 years I have seen this young man become someone I consider a friend, confidant and truly incredible convert and member of the church. This summer he started to hang out with us and I noticed a change within him. Before he left for China to play basketball for New Zealand he began making comments about the church and he started coming to church and upon his return we went to the State Fair. As we were driving home he said flat out, I am going to get baptized. Mark your calendars, 5 weeks from today I will be baptized. It may have taken a couple extra a weeks but he was indeed baptized and he is literally a new man. I am incredibly proud of him and I look up to him more than I could ever tell him. He is one strong individual. I was unable to attend the baptism because of ASACC, but he and others told me how great it was, I wish I could have been there with all of my heart. Here are a few pictures from the day.
Dolph and Adrian spoke at the Baptism and Jordan Swarbrick baptized him. I know that Rory has made an incredible decision and commitment and I am thrilled that I have the privilege of knowing him through his whole journey.


No comments:
Post a Comment